Autumn Markets 2017 - General Information
Applications are now closed for the Crafty Fox Autumn Markets
Peckham (Peckham Festival) - Sat 16 & Sun 17 September, 11am - 5pm. CLF Art Cafe, 133 Rye Lane, Peckham, SE15 4ST.
Design Circus: Brixton - Sat 23 & Sun 24 September, 11am - 5pm, The Department Store, 248 Ferndale Road, Brixton, SW9 8FR.
About our venues
This year, our autumn market will form part of Peckham Festival.
CLF Art Cafe is a large venue which forms part of the Bussey Building, a former cricket bat factory turned nightclub / arts space / theatre in thriving Peckham, South London. The market takes place on the 1st & 2nd floors of the building. There is no longer any natural light at this venue - lighting is via strip lights in the ceiling so traders are recommended to bring their own lighting if required.
The bar is open during the markets and there will be a selection of creative workshops and DJs. This market forms part of Peckham Festival which is anticipated to bring a lot of people into the area. The Uncovered section can be found on the 2nd floor of the venue.
The short film below will give you a feel for our Peckham venue (please note there are no longer windows on the 2nd floor of this venue):
Brixton - Design Circus
Design Circus is a playful weekend event brought to you by Crafty Fox Market and curated by Emy Gray of BRIXI. Bringing all the fun of the fair, this interactive market event showcases the finest designers, artists, free-thinkers and makers from their vast creative armoury. Expect a theatrical line-up of roaming performers, interactive installations and drop-in workshops. All housed in Squire and Partners’ spectacular new Brixton home – The Department Store.
What we are looking for at Design Circus
We are looking for emerging and established creators, makers, designers, doers and free-thinkers to join our DESIGN CIRCUS. We want you to surprise and delight us with innovative and original works. This is a great opportunity to showcase new and exciting pieces that reflects the calibre of the event and venue. A theatrical and experimental collaboration, DESIGN CIRCUS is the perfect platform to show us what you’re made of!
In addition we are asking you to produce a special ‘EDITION’ for the event – a product that is made in a limited number especially for DESIGN CIRCUS to in some way reflect the ‘LOVE IS POWER’ theme of this year’s Brixton Design Trail. This is NOT compulsory but we'd love your suggestions!
There will be a £1 entry charge for visitors to this event (children free).
We do not currently accept food vendors.
We do not accept shared stalls due to space restrictions.
We do not accept re-sellers.
Chairs will be provided where possible.
If your application is successful, payment will be required within 10 days of notification in order to secure your position. Payment details will be sent in the confirmation email. Please note that your place will only be confirmed once the payment has cleared.
If your application is successful and you have paid but subsequently are unable to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us. If it is more than 30 days before the event, we will refund stall fees minus a £20 administration fee. If it is between 14 - 30 days before the event, we will refund 50% of stall fees. No refunds will be provided if less than 14 days notice is provided regardless of circumstances.
Terms of Trading
1. By applying for a place at Crafty Fox Market you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
2. You will be notified of the result of your application via email. Please check your 'junk mail' folder if you don't hear back from us.
3. If successful, we will provide you with payment details. Stall fees must be paid in full in order to confirm your place.
4. We reserve the right to deny any vendor’s application if the goods intended for sale are not considered appropriate for the market.
5. You are responsible for arranging your own public liability insurance and must have this to trade at the market. You may wish to look into membership of the A-N which includes public liability insurance for market traders.
6. All goods for sale must have an element of handmade. This means they should either be made by you (the applicant) or produced in your country of origin on a small scale based on an original design or illustration by you.
7. Your stall location within the venue will be confirmed approximately a week in advance of the market.
8. Stallholders must use best efforts to stay for the entire duration of the market.
9. Crafty Fox Market is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage of any items before, during or after the event.
10. Vendors are personally liable for their individual stalls. Stallholders will not hold the Organisers liable for any damage, loss, theft or injury incurred while participating in the market.
11. Every stall holder is responsible for clearing their own rubbish.
12. Parking in the area is restricted - you are advised to check local parking if you intend to drive. Space for unloading is available nearby. The organisers cannot be held responsible for any parking costs incurred.
13. There is limited space in our venues. Any extra structures (eg. art browsers, clothes rails) must be agreed in advance and will be charged accordingly.
14. We will use the image that you provide in your application to promote your involvement in the event.
15. You may appear in photos that we take at the event. If you would rather not appear in our promotional materials for future events, please notify us.