There's a lot to remember when you are getting ready for market day. Here's a sample list that you could use as a guide but do remember to tailor it depending on the event and your own particular products.
- Directions to venue
- Contact details for organisers.
Display & Packaging
- Your products, with price labels.
- Any props or display stands
- A mirror (if selling jewellery / clothing / accessories)
- Clean, ironed table cloth
- Bags / packaging
- Extra lighting (if required)
- Scissors, pens, tape, string, clips, zip ties, spare fabric.
- Business cards
- Mailing list sign-up form
- A sign/banner with your shop name
- Portfolio (if you take commissions or have more work than on show).
- Cash box with change
- A mobile card reader
- Notebook / phone app to record sales
- Snacks and drinks to keep energy up
- A friendly smile and positive attitude!
Public liability insurance - you don't necessarily need to bring this with you but you should have a policy in place for market trading. Currently you can get an annual policy as a benefit by subscribing to the A-N (£36). This is the best value we have been able to find at present.