Information for market traders
Applications are now open for the Crafty Fox Christmas Night Markets (Geffrye Museum and Museum of London Docklands). You will receive an email with the outcome of your application by Monday 17th October.
Applications are now closed.
About our venues
Thursday 1 & Thursday 15 December - Geffrye Museum, 136 Kingsland Rd, London E2 8EA. 4pm - 9pm.
This much loved museum of the home is well located next to Hoxton station. It is a Christmas destination for many as they light up the space and create a wonderful atmosphere. This indoor event will take place in the upper foyer, next to the cafe and also event spaces on the lower level. There will be a bar in operation as well as DJs and workshops too.
Please note: For our Christmas Night Markets, we are only able to offer Crafty Fox Uncovered stalls (support scheme for new makers) at the Museum of London Docklands.
Thursday 8 December - The Museum of London Docklands, No.1 Warehouse, West India Dock Rd, London E14 4AL. 4pm - 9pm
The Museum of London Docklands is a museum on the Isle of Dogs, east London that tells the history of London's River Thames and the growth of Docklands. Our market forms part of a wider event organised by the museum which will include a wide programme of entertainment and activities. It is well located, a short walk across the bridge from Canary Wharf and close to several DLR stations.
Public entry to all three events is free
We do not currently accept food vendors.
We do not accept shared stalls due to space restrictions.
We do not accept re-sellers which includes applications from online shops selling products by other makers.
Chairs will be provided where possible.
Tables are provided (unless you tell us that you do not require one). Large tables measure approximately 120cm x 76cm and small tables measure 76cm x 76cm.
If your application is successful, payment will be required within 10 days of notification in order to secure your position. Payment details will be sent in the confirmation email. Please note that your place will only be confirmed once the payment has cleared.
If your application is successful and you have paid but subsequently are unable to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us. If it is more than 30 days before the event, we will refund stall fees minus a £20 administration fee. If it is between 14 - 30 days before the event, we will refund 50% of stall fees. No refunds will be provided if less than 14 days notice is provided regardless of circumstances.
Terms of Trading
1. By applying for a place at Crafty Fox Market you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
2. You will be notified of the result of your application via email. Please check your 'junk mail' folder if you don't hear back from us.
3. If successful, we will provide you with payment details. Stall fees must be paid in full in order to confirm your place.
4. We reserve the right to deny any vendor’s application if the goods intended for sale are not considered appropriate for the market.
5. You are responsible for arranging your own public liability insurance and must have this to trade at the market. You may wish to look into membership of the A-N which includes public liability insurance for market traders.
6. All goods for sale must have an element of handmade. This means they should either be made by you (the applicant) or produced in your country of origin on a small scale based on an original design or illustration by you.
7. Your stall location within the venue will be confirmed approximately a week in advance of the market.
8. Stallholders must use best efforts to stay for the entire duration of the market.
9. Crafty Fox Market is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage of any items before, during or after the event.
10. Vendors are personally liable for their individual stalls. Stallholders will not hold the Organisers liable for any damage, loss, theft or injury incurred while participating in the market.
11. Every stall holder is responsible for clearing their own rubbish.
12. Parking in the area is restricted - you are advised to check local parking if you intend to drive. Space for unloading is available nearby. The organisers cannot be held responsible for any parking costs incurred.
13. There is limited space in our venues. Any extra structures (eg. art browsers, clothes rails) must be agreed in advance and will be charged accordingly.
14. We will use the image that you provide in your application to promote your involvement in the event.
15. You may appear in photos that we take at the event. If you would rather not appear in our promotional materials for future events, please notify us.