Crafty Fox Market at Kindred Studios (part of Open Studios)
Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th June 2018, 11am-5pm. Free Entry
Edit: Trader applications for this event have now closed
What you need to know!
Where: Kindred Studios, 18 Saltram Crescent, London, W9 3HW.
Kindred Studios is a old school building which has been transformed into studios housing 175 artists and makers. It opened in this space in September 2017. The market will take place alongside Kindred Studio's first big Open Studios event. Guests will have the opportunity to tour the artists studios in the building, visit the cafe, enjoy live music and also shop the market.
The market will be held on the top floor of the building in the light-filled gallery space pictured above. There is a key-operated lift available for traders to bring their goods into the building. This will not be available for the general public during the event. Access will be via the stairs (unless guests have mobility issues).
Closest Stations: Queens Park / Maida Vale. There is an unloading bay directly in the back of the venue if you are driving. You will need to arrange your own parking - there are a number of free of charge on street spaces in the surrounding streets. The market will be held indoors - there is lighting and heating. We will also have a range of workshops running as part of the event. Wifi is available if required.
When: Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th June from 11am - 5pm.
Available Stalls: You are welcome to apply for both of the dates should you wish to. Depending on demand, we may be able to offer a small number of people two days but the aim is to create a different event each day. We anticipate a high level of demand for stalls.
How much: Rectangle Table (4ft trestle, 120 cm x 77cm) - £65.
Square Table (2ft6" trestle, 77cm x 77cm) - £45.
Guest Curator: We have invited photographer and all-round supporter of designer/ makers, Yeshen Venema, to work with us to select the traders for this event. Yeshen has spent many years photographing the work of independent designers and he also builds websites and regularly presents at small business events. Look out for top tips from Yeshen coming soon on the blog!
We are looking for original work which is either handmade by you or produced in the UK on a small scale using your original designs. Our events are curated to ensure a balanced mix of traders that will appeal to our audience.
Ready to apply? Find the application form HERE
Public entry to this event is free
We do not accept food vendors.
We do not accept re-sellers or vintage traders.
Chairs will be provided where possible.
Tables are provided (unless you tell us that you do not require one).
If your application is successful, payment will be required within 10 days of notification in order to secure your position. Payment details will be sent in the confirmation email. Please note that your place will only be confirmed once the payment has cleared.
If your application is successful and you have paid but subsequently are unable to attend, please email email@example.com to notify us. If it is more than 30 days before the event, we will refund stall fees minus a £20 administration fee. If it is between 14 - 30 days before the event, we will refund 50% of stall fees. No refunds will be provided if less than 14 days notice is provided regardless of circumstances.
Terms of Trading
1. By applying for a place at Crafty Fox Market you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
2. You will be notified of the result of your application via email. Please check your 'junk mail' folder if you don't hear back from us.
3. If successful, we will provide you with payment details. Stall fees must be paid in full in order to confirm your place.
4. We reserve the right to deny any vendor’s application if the goods intended for sale are not considered appropriate for the market.
5. You are responsible for arranging your own public liability insurance and must have this to trade at the market. You may wish to look into membership of the A-N which includes public liability insurance for market traders.
6. All goods for sale must have an element of handmade. This means they should either be made by you (the applicant) or produced in the UK on a small scale based on an original design or illustration by you.
7. Your stall location within the venue will be confirmed approximately a week in advance of the market.
8. Stallholders must use best efforts to stay for the entire duration of the market.
9. Crafty Fox Market is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage of any items before, during or after the event.
10. Vendors are personally liable for their individual stalls. Stallholders will not hold the Organisers liable for any damage, loss, theft or injury incurred while participating in the market.
11. Every stall holder is responsible for clearing their own rubbish.
12. Parking in the area is restricted - you are advised to check local parking if you intend to drive. Space for unloading is available nearby. The organisers cannot be held responsible for any parking costs incurred.
13. There is limited space in our venues. Any extra structures (eg. art browsers, clothes rails) must be agreed in advance and will be charged accordingly.
14. We will use the image that you provide in your application to promote your involvement in the event.
15. You may appear in photos that we take at the event. If you would rather not appear in our promotional materials for future events, please notify us.
16. Please let us know if you are going to be late for set-up on the day of the event. If you have not been in touch within 15 minutes of the event opening to the public, we reserve the right to re-allocate your stall with no refund offered.