Mercato Metroplitano - Elephant and Castle, London
First Saturday of Each Month from March 2018
Please read the information below before submitting your application via THIS FORM. We advise that you use a computer rather than a phone when filling in the form. Please make sure you see a page which says 'thank you, submission received' once you have submitted your form. We cannot take responsibility for forms which do not submit properly.
We will get back to you by 6th February. If you don't hear from us, please check your junk mail folder.
What you need to know!
Where: Mercato Metropolitano, 42 Newington Causeway, London, SE1 6DR. Closest Stations: Elephant & Castle / Borough. There is an unloading bay directly in the back of the venue if you are driving. You will need to arrange your own parking - there are a number of free of charge spaces in nearby Avonmouth Street. The market will be held indoors - there is lighting and heating. We will also have a range of workshops running as part of the event.
When: Saturday 3rd March, Saturday 7th April, Saturday 5th May from 11am - 5pm.
How much: Shared table (1.25 x 1m) - £45, Full Table (2.5m x 1m) - £80. We will be using the yellow tables seen in the picture below. Stall fees include a listing on our website, plus a free coffee & gelato!
We are looking for original work which is either handmade by you or produced in the UK (or your country of origin if applying from abroad) on a small scale using your original designs. Our events are curated to ensure a balanced mix of traders that will appeal to our audience.
The May event is a sample & seconds sale which means that your stall must be composed of samples, seconds or special offers. The customers will be expecting a discount on your usual prices. This is a great opportunity to clear your studio and make space for new collections!
All successful applicants will get the opportunity to trade at the market and a 4 week showcase on our website.
How do I apply: Please fill in the short form which can be found HERE. Applications close on Tuesday 30th January at 5pm.
The venue is primarily a street food market but the site also contains the Backyard Cinema, a food store selling Sicilian produce, a wine store, a workshop area and plenty of seating. Here is a review which should give you a flavour for the space.
We will be taking over a central area of the market. It is indoors in a large warehouse. It will be smaller than our usual markets with around 25-30 traders as well as a workshop. Entry to the public is free.
We will be using their tables (see photo below) and you will have the choice of a full table (2.5m x 1m) or half table (1.25m x 1m).
Public entry to this event is free
We do not currently accept food vendors.
We do not accept re-sellers.
Chairs will be provided where possible.
Tables are provided (unless you tell us that you do not require one).
If your application is successful, payment will be required within 10 days of notification in order to secure your position. Payment details will be sent in the confirmation email. Please note that your place will only be confirmed once the payment has cleared.
If your application is successful and you have paid but subsequently are unable to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us. If it is more than 30 days before the event, we will refund stall fees minus a £20 administration fee. If it is between 14 - 30 days before the event, we will refund 50% of stall fees. No refunds will be provided if less than 14 days notice is provided regardless of circumstances.
Terms of Trading
1. By applying for a place at Crafty Fox Market you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
2. You will be notified of the result of your application via email. Please check your 'junk mail' folder if you don't hear back from us.
3. If successful, we will provide you with payment details. Stall fees must be paid in full in order to confirm your place.
4. We reserve the right to deny any vendor’s application if the goods intended for sale are not considered appropriate for the market.
5. You are responsible for arranging your own public liability insurance and must have this to trade at the market. You may wish to look into membership of the A-N which includes public liability insurance for market traders.
6. All goods for sale must have an element of handmade. This means they should either be made by you (the applicant) or produced in your country of origin on a small scale based on an original design or illustration by you.
7. Your stall location within the venue will be confirmed approximately a week in advance of the market.
8. Stallholders must use best efforts to stay for the entire duration of the market.
9. Crafty Fox Market is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage of any items before, during or after the event.
10. Vendors are personally liable for their individual stalls. Stallholders will not hold the Organisers liable for any damage, loss, theft or injury incurred while participating in the market.
11. Every stall holder is responsible for clearing their own rubbish.
12. Parking in the area is restricted - you are advised to check local parking if you intend to drive. Space for unloading is available nearby. The organisers cannot be held responsible for any parking costs incurred.
13. There is limited space in our venues. Any extra structures (eg. art browsers, clothes rails) must be agreed in advance and will be charged accordingly.
14. We will use the image that you provide in your application to promote your involvement in the event.
15. You may appear in photos that we take at the event. If you would rather not appear in our promotional materials for future events, please notify us.