Shaking up the traditional craft fair.
Crafty Fox Market connects UK handmade and design talent with savvy shoppers. Events take place seasonally around London featuring hand-picked stalls, workshops and DJs.
"One of London's best markets" - Timeout
Our purpose is to support emerging designer makers and artists by providing opportunities for them to sell their work. Ethics, community and sustainability are at the core of everything we do.
Crafty Fox Market was started in 2010 by Sinead Koehler (centre) together with her husband Stephan (right). The talented artist Jimbobart (left) is responsible for all the Crafty Fox artwork. Back then, Sinead worked in fundraising and events with a sideline making jewellery, selling online through etsy.com and at markets around London. The original aim was to host a one-off, good quality event attracting plenty of shoppers which would be affordable for designer-makers.
Since then, Crafty Fox Market has grown to become a thriving creative community, hosting seasonal events around London and beyond.
- The Dogstar, Brixton, London
- CLF Art Cafe, The Bussey Buidling, Peckham, London
- The Geffrye Museum, Hoxton, London
- Oval Space, Bethnal Green, London
- Roco Creative Co-op, Sheffield
As the market's reputation grew, stall selections became increasingly difficult so we invited guest curators to get involved who brought their own unique aesthetic to each market, keeping it fresh for shoppers.
One off collaborations & events:
We love a good collaboration and have been lucky enough to work on the following projects:
- Cut & Paste - week long Camden popup shop, joint with Brixi
- Thames Festival - outdoor market next to Tate Modern
- Manmade - collaborative event with Etsy.com celebrating male makers
- London Design Festival - Special edition markets
- Weekend of the Maker - collaborative event in Sheffield with Folksy.com