Information for market traders
Trader applications have now closed for these events.
About our venues
Saturday 2 & Sunday 3 December - The Dogstar, 389 Coldharbour Lane, Brixton, SW9 8LQ. 11am - 5pm.
The Dogstar is the original home of Crafty Fox Market. It is an atmospheric Victorian-era pub in bustling Brixton. The market is spread over all three floors and visitors are encouraged to visit all corners of the market. Lighting is an issue at this venue so traders are encouraged to bring their own lights along. The bar is always in operation during our events and we host a pop-up tearoom and creative workshops as well. The Crafty Fox Uncovered area will be on the top floor of the venue.
Saturday 9 & Sunday 10 December - CLF Art Cafe, The Bussey Building, 133 Rye Lane, Peckham, SE15 4ST. 11am - 5pm
CLF Art Cafe is a large venue which forms part of the Bussey Building, a former cricket bat factory turned nightclub / arts space / theatre in thriving Peckham, South London. The market takes place on the 1st & 2nd floors of the building. There is no longer any natural light in this venue so you are advised to bring extra lighting. There were some changes made to the venue in 2016 so if you have been there before, you may find that it has changed. The 2nd floor is more like a white walled gallery space. The bar is open during the markets, there will be a selection of creative workshops and DJs.
Thursday 14 December - Geffrye Museum, 136 Kingsland Road, Hoxton, E2 8EA, 4pm - 9pm
The Geffrye Museum is a museum of the home. This will be the 3rd year that we have run a night market at this venue. The layout will be slightly different than in previous years with more stalls on the upper level around the gallery space. The museum is extremely atmospheric at Christmas time. Alongside the market there will be music, street food, mulled wine and workshops.
Public entry to all three events is free
We do not currently accept food vendors.
We do not accept shared stalls due to space restrictions.
We do not accept re-sellers which includes applications from online shops selling products by other makers.
Chairs will be provided where possible.
Tables are provided (unless you tell us that you do not require one). Large tables measure approximately 120cm x 76cm and small tables measure 76cm x 76cm.
If your application is successful, payment will be required within 10 days of notification in order to secure your position. Payment details will be sent in the confirmation email. Please note that your place will only be confirmed once the payment has cleared.
If your application is successful and you have paid but subsequently are unable to attend, please email email@example.com to notify us. If it is more than 30 days before the event, we will refund stall fees minus a £20 administration fee. If it is between 14 - 30 days before the event, we will refund 50% of stall fees. No refunds will be provided if less than 14 days notice is provided regardless of circumstances.
Terms of Trading
1. By applying for a place at Crafty Fox Market you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
2. You will be notified of the result of your application via email. Please check your 'junk mail' folder if you don't hear back from us.
3. If successful, we will provide you with payment details. Stall fees must be paid in full in order to confirm your place.
4. We reserve the right to deny any vendor’s application if the goods intended for sale are not considered appropriate for the market.
5. You are responsible for arranging your own public liability insurance and must have this to trade at the market. You may wish to look into membership of the A-N which includes public liability insurance for market traders.
6. All goods for sale must have an element of handmade. This means they should either be made by you (the applicant) or produced in your country of origin on a small scale based on an original design or illustration by you.
7. Your stall location within the venue will be confirmed approximately a week in advance of the market.
8. Stallholders must use best efforts to stay for the entire duration of the market.
9. Crafty Fox Market is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage of any items before, during or after the event.
10. Vendors are personally liable for their individual stalls. Stallholders will not hold the Organisers liable for any damage, loss, theft or injury incurred while participating in the market.
11. Every stall holder is responsible for clearing their own rubbish.
12. Parking in the area is restricted - you are advised to check local parking if you intend to drive. Space for unloading is available nearby. The organisers cannot be held responsible for any parking costs incurred.
13. There is limited space in our venues. Any extra structures (eg. art browsers, clothes rails) must be agreed in advance and will be charged accordingly.
14. We will use the image that you provide in your application to promote your involvement in the event.
15. You may appear in photos that we take at the event. If you would rather not appear in our promotional materials for future events, please notify us.
16. Any traders selling toys must have the CE mark. Find further information here. Crafty Fox Market takes no responsibility for traders who do not follow this guidance.